Wednesday, June 1, 2011

This boys is Awesome!


I can't believe that Jason is nine years old. (Well, tomorrow but I have no time tomorrow to blog so one day early is okay). I just have to say that is child is so awesome. I just love him so much. It's not easy being a child to a medical student soon to be a medical doctor. With Brian always being gone and having to study this child has not complained once.And this is from the time we started this adventure. He is such a good example to me. He works so hard. I thought I would highlight a few of his accomplishments he has had this year.
  • He made his first Pinewood Derby car. And raced it and actually won a few of his rounds. (His the Spiderman blue and red car)
  • Jason started scouts and loves it. He has earned his Bobcat and tomorrow will be getting his wolf. (scouts is the best program the church has for these boys) I am so glad he loves so much.
  • He learned how to play basketball
  • He is learning how to roller skate which is an adventure in itself.
  • Jason is such a good friend to others around him and to his younger brothers. Which is not easy especially when they want what he has. Or they destroy his wonderful lego creations. He just tells me, "Mom, I am going to make it bigger and better."
  • Just a few weeks ago we purchased a trampoline, (let me just the best outside toy ever) Jason just loves it.
  • Jason had the best teachers this year. They have totally embraced his love for reading and have pushed him to read more. He got the highest score on the reading part of the OAKS test in the Third Grade. I am so proud of him. We are currently working on our Multiplications and with some pushing he is getting them. Now we get to enjoy division what joy!
  • We made through our braces with out losing our retainer. Not once! We also graduated from wearing glasses, without him breaking them. I wish we could say without them being broken, but with two little brothers that was impossible.
  • Together we learned how to grow some citrus plants. It has been fun watching them grow, well at least stay live. We grew two lemon, two lime, a orange and a tangerine. We have plans to take them down to California this summer so our grandparents can watch them until, we are done. We will then pick them up after Brian is done with school. It stinks that the company won't send them to California. Oh well we will just take them there ourselves.
  • Lastly, Jason has just grown so much. Nine years ago he weighed in at 2 lbs. 7 oz. now he is 70 pounds more and thriving.
I am so thankful that I have been able to see our Jason grow so much. I love him and I can't wait to see what the next year has in store for him. I know that he will continue to grow and learn.

1 comment:

ellie said...

Happy Birthday Jason! We love you!