Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Our Family Vacation

On July 3rd the boys and I left for California. We have enjoyed ourselves so much. On Friday Brian left Arizona and traveled all night to get to my parents house. He was able to sleep for a couple of hours then we all had to leave for San Diego. It usually takes three hours to get from Lancaster to San Diego. Well, for us it took us six hours. We had super bad traffic and the boys were not to happy about travling so much. Gavin cried a bit, but he is getting use to the travling more.
On Sunday, we were able to the beautiful San Diego temple. The nice elderly couple that was there took a picture of us in front of the temple. We also did some more sight seeing around San Diego. San Diego is so beautiful. After we did some sightseeing we went to my cousin Rich's wedding. It was so pretty. I am so proud of him. He married such a sweet wonderful girl. The ceremony was at Balboa Park. It was nice to have a break from our boys. My aunt and uncle set up a babysitter for us.
Monday we took the boys to Sea World. They loved it. We went with all my aunts and uncles. My brother and sister-in-law, and mom and dad went also. The boys loved watching all the shows. They have been waiting for a couple of weeks to see The Shamu show. It was okay. Kinda disappointing we did not get wet and we sat right in front. Matthew was a little upset about not getting wet. After, the Cirque de la Mer show we decided to get some lunch. After lunch we were all just talking about what we were going to do next. When all of a sudden Brian asked me to help Matthew. He was bleeding kinda bad from his chin. I took one look at it and knew it was not good. I rushed him to the bathroom. Mike and Andrea rushed over with me. We knew he was going to need to go to the hospital. Mike called for the Sea World nurse. She came over what seemed forever. I guess it was because Brian had time to change his super poopy diaper. She took one look at his chin and told us that he had to go to the hospital to get it stiched up. The RN took us to the little First Aid place they have there. She cleaned it up a little and gave us directions to the Childrens Hospital of San Diego. She told us it would only take an hour and that we could come back. At first I was happy because we really wanted to come back, but then when we arrived at the er and saw how many kids were there I knew we would be there forever. Matthew ended up getting four stiches. Brian stayed in the room and I left with Gavin. The doctor only wanted one screaming baby at a time. They had to tie Matthew down to get the stiches in. After that we had decided that Matthew had had enough. Three hours later. I had.
So, besides going to the er we had a great trip so far. We will be heading back on Thursday. Matthew has to get unstiched on Monday.
I will post pictures later.


ellie said...

What exactly happened to Matthew? I'm glad he's OK. Good thing Bryan's there with yu guys, you didn't have to go through it all by yourself. We miss you already. Remember we still need to go to Oaks park and Blueberry picking. I might decide to be brave and go tomorow or Tuesday.

Marg said...

Oh, Stephanie! I don't know how you do it with three little boys. Glad things have settled down, somewhat.