Thursday, May 7, 2009

Busy, Busy.

I need to be working on my lesson for Sunday. Matthew is crying in his bed and Gavin is playing I have decided to write a blog entry instead. We have had such a busy day today. I think it would not have been so busy if we did not spend an hour at the doctors. Gavin had his sixth month check up today. Gavin weighs 18 1/2 pounds and is almost 28 inches. He is in the 75-80% for weight and 90% for height. I was kinda worried because everyone says he is "so big". Our doctor told me he was not too big. I was happy to know that he is on schedule and maybe a little ahead of schedule for his development. He is better sitter then most babies his age and he can scoot backwards really well. As I was writing this he was scooting himself backwards.(I am glad he was going backwards I have lost a couple of pages in my scriptures already). After hearing this I realize that there is no substitute for good tummy time. The nurse told me that too many parents are not doing tummy time because their babies cry. So after waiting for like a half hour because our doctor was at the hospital. I don't know why we made a 9:00 appointment anyway. Like our mornings are not crazy enough. Now all we have to do is deal with the lovely aftermath of the shots. I'd rather deal with a little crying now then have him sick with one of those horrible illnesses.

Well, now that Matthew has finished crying himself to sleep and Gavin has just fallen asleep I should work on my lesson. Until next time.

No comments: